Frequently asked questions

What is Unclaimed Property?

Unclaimed property consists of funds or checks that are uncashed or uncollected by the owner for a number of years. The most common types of Unclaimed Property are bank accounts, safe deposit box contents, stocks, mutual funds, bonds and dividends, uncashed cashier's checks or money orders, certificates of deposit, matured or terminated insurance policies, estates, mineral interests and royalty payments, trust funds, and escrow accounts

How did you find this money that belongs to me?

We audit several government agencies for unclaimed funds owed to companies and private citizens.

How did your company find me?

Our research department starts an extensive search on databases in order to locate and notify the claimants of their unexpected funds. We notify by mail, phone, fax, e-mail and social media.

Why is my written response required?
To prevent this check from being escheated (remitted to the State), the owner must complete the requested information and attach required documentation. An e-mail or telephone inquiry will not replace this requirement. In order to ensure that this property is not remitted to the State, responses must be delivered to the address listed

Why are the last 4 digits of my Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number required?  
This is the most reliable information available to confirm you are the intended payee. We use your response to confirm that it agrees with the information associated with the account.

Where is my money being held?

Unclaimed funds can be held by states, counties, local municipalities, state and federal court systems, licensing and permitting agencies, and others. Every individuals' case is different. 

What is this check in regard to?  
Unfortunately, due to the age of the original check, business and system mergers, specific information relating to the nature of the check is not readily available. A majority of unclaimed checks have been issued on systems that have now been retired and obtaining detailed information is not possible. We regret any inconvenience this may cause in assisting you with your claim request.

The payee is a business. How do I complete the form?  
Please provide your name and title when responding on behalf of your provider or business. If you are requesting an address change, please provide documentation, such as letterhead or a business card attached to the completed form.   

What is your service fee?

We do NOT charge an up-front fee for our services.  When your unclaimed funds have been recovered,
we charge a fee of only 10% of the recovered funds.